My top 5 things to do in the NZ summer
1. Spend the weekend on Waiheke It isn’t summer in NZ if you haven’t spent at least one weekend in Waiheke. The picturesque vineyards serve top quality wine and a $2 tasting of Rosé definitely hits the spot. My favourite vineyard is the one in this picture, Cable Bay. The view is stunning and they do the best sliders ever!
2. Eat lots of Icecream I don’t think this one really needs an explanation....haha
3. Visit the coromandel Hands down the Coromandel is my all the favourite place to go in the summer. Hahei beach is just beautiful and walking to cathedral cove is a must do. This is also where I got my big icecream above!
4. Go to as many festivals as possible RnV, Northern Bass and Bay Dreams are the main ones that all fall around new years. Safe to say by the end of it my body well and truly hated me. Then I have also been to Fat Freddys Drop at Villa Maria Estate, Shapeshifter in Whangamata and Hermitude and Sachi down in Dunedin. I caught Sachi's drumstick in the crowd so that was pretty cool!
5. Make fun cocktails I definitely found my new obsession this summer…watermelon slushies made with Bacardi, coconut milk and fresh watermelon. Super easy and super delicious.