10 tips on how to pack a suitcase in 30mins
I'm the kind of person who always leaving packing their suitcase till the last-minute. Don't ask me why, I don't know... Probably because leading up to my trip I spend so much time researching where I want to go and what I want to see I totally forget about what I actually need to bring! Leaving packing till the last-minute turned around and bit me on the bum for my most recent trip. Turns out we ended up leaving a whole 24 hours earlier than anticipated, which severely messed with my last-minute packing plans. Lesson learnt...if your flight is at midnight or close to midnight triple check the dates!
Discovering we were leaving a whole day earlier threw everything out of whack. Initially we thought we were leaving at midnight on Saturday which left me the whole day to pack and get myself organised. On Thursday night I get a nervous call from Mum telling me to hurry home from work because we actually leave Friday at midnight. After laughing for a bit and thinking she had got it wrong I headed home. When I checked the tickets I saw she was right after all. Within 5 minutes I had hauled my suitcase out of the garage and started packing.
I did have a little longer than 30 minutes to pack, a lot of it was spent snap chatting my friends about how Mum got the dates wrong...but I've condensed it down incase any of you unfortunately find yourself in a similar situation!
Tips on how to pack your suitcase in 30 mins
- Don't lay your outfits out thinking about what goes with what, you probably don't have time for that. Pick dresses and playsuits, that way you have a whole outfit in one
- If your going somewhere hot, pack jandals, they go with everything and you can wear them anywhere. If you are going somewhere cold, pack sneakers, same rules apply. You need three pairs of shoes max.
- Charge your camera batteries before you start packing so when your done they should be good to go
- Can't decide which swimsuit to take? Take them all! They don't take up much space anyway
- Roll your clothes, it's much faster than folding them and still saves you space while preventing creases
- Have a skincare/makeup essentials bag ready to go. Mini sizes or samples are perfect to throw in.
- If you are staying at a hotel forget about shampoo, conditioner and soap, just use what they have available
- Use your handbag as your carry on bag. If it's anything like my handbag it will have a lot of the stuff you will need in it already e.g lip balm, headphones, wallet, sunglasses, water bottle
- If you are packing something because you think you might wear it, don't. You aren't going to wear it.
- Don't forget your pjs. Yes it seems simple but speaking from experience, it's amazing how easy they are to forget!